Everyone wants something quick and easy to cook midweek, especially if you have a busy life after the working day ends too.
This is the first in a series of recipes I'll be posting that are quick, cheap and delicious (or at least I think they are!) once more have been posted you'll be able to find them by clicking on the label 'midweek meals' or if you've subscribed by email you will receive an email each time a new recipe is posted alongside my regular posts.
Chorizo and Kale Hash
Time to make 20 to 30 mins
2 large or 3-4 medium sized potatoes (Maris Piper are my preference) - chopped in to small squares (patatas like)
1 onion - finely diced
1 chorizo ring (spicy if you like) - chopped in to circles and then quarters
1.5 tsp smoked paprika
2 handfuls of Kale
Frying pan x 2
1. Chop the potatoes in to small squares (patatas like) leaving the skin like I have if this is to your taste (it's also less faff). Heat the oil in the larger of your two frying pans and then add the potatoes.
2. Whilst keeping a close eye on your potatoes and every so often turning them in the oil, chop your onion and chorizo.
3. Once your potatoes are starting to get an all over colour add the onion and chorizo. Fry them with the potatoes releasing the oil from the chorizo until the onion becomes soft and the chorizo has started to harden. This should take about 5 minutes.
4. Add the paprika to the pan stirring to give a good a coating to the potato, onion and chorizo.
5. Add a couple of handfuls of Kale (more if you love the stuff) and stir for approximately 2 minutes until the Kale has started to soften and wilt.
6. Heat some oil in the small frying pan and fry your eggs. Keep stirring your hash until the eggs are ready. By the time your eggs are nice and crispy around the edge it should be time to empty your hash in to a bowl and place an egg on the top, sprinkling chilli flakes on your egg if you have any hanging around.
7. Eat (optional pictures).