Savoury rice puffs with a sprinkling of spice.
- I could eat several pots of these with several pints, a bit like prawn crackers but without the prawn and lots of spice (not too hot).
Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy mustard seed and lemon dressing.
- like no salad I have had before, truly enjoyable
Veg Rice Dry Fry
Basmati rice stir fried with green chilli, mushrooms peas and peppers.
- Really filling, awesome taste.
A fried spicy potato ball coated in gram flour, in a brioche bun with red and green chutney and a couple of green chillies.
- Either the best veggie burger I have ever eaten, or the best carb on carb sandwich I have ever eaten (and that's saying something as I love a chip butty or crisp sandwich).
Indian scrambled egg with peppers, chilli, cumin and ground coriander served with flatbreads.
- Voted the best dish of the night by myself and D. I've also challenged myself to make this at home.
A close up of the Egg Bhurji
Dhal & Rice
Black lentil curry cooked low and slow with ginger, garam masala and chillies served with basmati rice.
- Another really filling dish, with excellent flavours shining through. I wish I could make dhal this well!
5 dishes and 2 pints filled us both to the brim! We left very happy chappies... I left to go lie down at home I was so stuffed, and it goes without saying - I was content.
If you haven't been yet... What are you waiting for?!?!
Pssst do us a favour and vote for it on Urbanspoon if you like them and give them some loving!